Top 5 Questions To Ask Deep Cleaning and Disinfection Companies
Looking for a top-rated disinfection company during the COVID-19 outbreak?
Top 5 Questions
- Are your technicians trained to properly disinfect? Our Answer: Yes, our technicians have received the proper training and use industry best practices and protocols. Our disinfection technicians have received additional training, one example being pathogen-removal. We perform successful disinfections and biohazard services for hospitals, surgery centers, large commercial facilities, and other local businesses here in Kalamazoo.
- What type of disinfection equipment are you using? Our answer: Every situation is different and will require a customized plan-of-action, taking in a lot of considerations. We use combinations of by-hand methods and electrostatic spray technology, with minimal use of hydroxyls, air scrubbers, or ozone technology. We have multiple foggers and ozone machines, and we will utilize these technologies if absolutely necessary, in very controlled situations. However, these methods are not always ideal. Foggers don’t provide a full coverage in large areas, they are not time-efficient, plus they tend to leave behind residues. And ozone machines can be very dangerous.* *From EPA website: “When inhaled, ozone can damage the lungs. Relatively low amounts can cause chest pain, coughing, shortness of breath and throat irritation. Ozone may also worsen chronic respiratory diseases such as asthma and compromise the ability of the body to fight respiratory infections.”
- What type of disinfection products are you using? Our answer: All of our disinfectants are effective given the EPA’s Emerging Pathogen Standard. We are currently providing a list of our products to any customer, upon request. That way, you can verify it yourself on the EPA’s disinfectant lists.
- How long have your teams been using these specific disinfection products? Our answer: All of our technicians are trained and very familiar with the disinfectant cleaning products being used. Our team knows how the product will react on different surfaces, correct application methods, and proper dwell times. Plus, more specifically, every product supports different kill claims, and it is best if the technicians have knowledge in these areas.
- Does your company provide biohazard services? Our answer: Yes, our company provides biohazard cleaning services, and we are extensively trained in handling all types of pathogens, from bloodborne pathogens to C. diff in numerous different environments.